Social Media Marketing Specialist
**Candidates, please apply with your resume, cover letter, and submit at least 5 pieces of work samples.**
Do you live and breathe social media? Are you passionate about building engagement and helping brands grow? Do you like discovering influencers and content opportunities and helping campaigns come to life? If this sounds like you, read more about an exciting opportunity at BrandMinded – a fast-growing, creative Tampa advertising agency that is seeking its next talented Social Media Marketing Specialist.
Our team environment is positive and collaborative, and our work pushes the envelope with creativity and strategies.
We are currently seeking a new team member that’s savvy with social media, SEO, email marketing and inbound marketing techniques. This position will have an emphasis on content marketing and social media, so creativity is at the core of the job responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be able to balance their creative talents with their technical aptitude to apply best practices in SEO and analyze performance metrics. We are looking for someone who can create and execute content marketing campaigns, strategic planning, creative writing, photography, graphic design, and more!
This full-time position will be responsible for creating content calendars, updating social media statuses, designing stories, engaging in social listening, and creating rich posts for a number of social media platforms including emerging new channels.
The ideal candidate will also possess experience and skills with WordPress as well as email marketing experience. As a member of our team, we expect creative energy and a collaborative spirit to contribute to creative sessions, strategy meetings, and content development.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Writing clear, compelling copy for various mediums (e.g. social media, websites, ads, email campaigns and newsletters, eBooks, white papers, publications)
· Update and maintain content across various social media channels. This could include blogs, website updates, Facebook/Instagram posts, Tweets, status updates, photos and videos.
· Create content strategies for clients and BrandMinded.
· Develop monthly and quarterly content calendars and automate publishing.
· Proofread and approve articles from staff writers and ghostwriters. Attention to detail and hypersensitivity to grammar is extremely important.
· Create graphic driven informational videos for social media.
· Work with graphic designers to create custom content for social calendars. Assist in the production as needed.
· Take part in client meetings discussing all facets of their digital marketing campaigns.
· Update client journals based on social media/SEO account changes and distribute communication to clients and team members.
· Help create and compile monthly/weekly reports to leverage data to demonstrate the impact of the company’s digital marketing campaigns internally and for clients
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Communication Skills – Ability to express ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing.
· Passionate, Self-motivated, detailed oriented, and able to work independently, meet deadlines effectively and multitask
· Research, report and deliver insight about emerging digital marketing solutions that can improve performance, processes, and services for our clients.
· Work to develop video production and content creation processes that can be implemented to improve productivity and scale workflow.
· Have a passion in a selected area of digital marketing and be prepared to position yourself and your team members as industry experts/ thought leaders
· Excellent writing and editing skills in English
· Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
· Communication Skills – Ability to express ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing
· Self-motivated, detailed oriented, and ability to work independently
· Detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines effectively and multitask
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of various social media platforms
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of SEO and SEM techniques
· Proficient with graphic and multimedia software and applications such as the Adobe Creative Suite
· Knowledge of WordPress including basic understanding of HTML/HTML5 and CSS
· Knowledge of Google applications such as Google Ads, Google My Business and Analytics
· Ability to problem solve and identify trends and extract insights from analytics and data.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
· Preferred Candidate: BA/BS in Creative Writing, Mass Media/Communications or similar with an emphasis on Marketing and Advertising/Media Arts or similar
· Minimum 2 years of experience working in a Digital Agency setting or an equivalent combined internship experience.
· Minimum Associate’s degree in business, media arts, marketing, digital marketing or related field a plus, but not required (equivalent work experience considered)
Competitive compensation based on experience.