Content Marketing Specialist
**Candidates, please apply with your resume, cover letter, and submit at least 5 pieces of work samples.**
BrandMinded™ is looking for a content marketing and social media specialist for our digital marketing team. Our team environment is positive and collaborative, and our work pushes the envelope with creativity and strategies.
We are currently seeking a new team member that’s savvy with website copywriting, social media, SEO, email marketing and inbound marketing techniques. This position will have an emphasis on content marketing and social media, so creativity is at the core of the job responsibilities. The ideal candidate will be able to balance their creative talents with their technical aptitude to apply best practices in SEO and analyze performance metrics. We are looking for someone who can create and execute content marketing campaigns; strategic planning, creative writing, photography, video production, graphic design, HTML/CSS development and analytics.
You will be working alongside a team that is second to none with the latest and greatest marketing trends in the digital world. As a full-service agency, we require our entire team to be knowledgeable of all mediums; Broadcast TV, Print, OOH and Owned/Earned media concepts.
We’re looking for someone that has a passion for digital marketing, social media and SEO. If you were born with these talents and have the experience to make an impact, please submit your resume and 5-10 samples of work across social, web, or print mediums, or submit a link to an online portfolio.
This full-time Content Marketing Specialist will be responsible for content strategy for multiple clients and BrandMinded in addition to copywriting, content calendar creation and management, updating social media channels, monitoring brands, executing on strategy, creating posts and rich media for search engine marketing.
The ideal candidate will also possess experience and skills with CMS website platforms like WordPress and Joomla. As a member of our team, we expect creative energy and a collaborative spirit to contribute to creative sessions, strategy meetings and content development.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
· Writing clear, compelling copy for various mediums (e.g. websites, ads, email campaigns and newsletters, eBooks, white papers, publications)
· Update and maintain content across various social media channels. This could include blogs, website updates, Facebook/Instagram posts, Tweets, status updates, photos and videos.
· Create content strategies for clients and BrandMinded.
· Develop monthly and quarterly content calendars and automate publishing with Hootsuite.
· Proofread and approve articles from staff writers and ghostwriters. Attention to detail and hypersensitivity to grammar is extremely important.
· Create graphic driven informational videos for social media.
· Work with graphic designers to create custom content for social calendars. Assist in the production as needed.
· Take part in client meetings discussing all facets of their digital marketing campaigns.
· Update client journals based on social media/SEO account changes and distribute communication to clients and team members.
· Help create and compile monthly/weekly reports to leverage data to demonstrate the impact of the company’s digital marketing campaigns internally and for clients
· Research, report and deliver insight about emerging digital marketing solutions that can improve performance, processes, and services for our clients.
· Work to develop video production and content creation processes that can be implemented to improve productivity and scale workflow.
· Have a passion in a selected area of digital marketing and be prepared to position yourself and your team members as industry experts/ thought leaders
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Excellent writing and editing skills in English
· Possession of creative flair, versatility, conceptual/visual ability and originality
· Communication Skills – Ability to express ideas in a clear, concise manner both verbally and in writing
· Self-motivated, detailed oriented, and ability to work independently
· Detail-oriented with the ability to meet deadlines effectively and multitask
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of various social media platforms
· In-depth knowledge and understanding of SEO and SEM techniques
· Proficient with graphic and multimedia software and applications such as the Adobe Creative Suite
· Knowledge of WordPress and Joomla including basic understanding of HTML/HTML5 and CSS
· Knowledge of Google applications such as Google Ads, Google My Business and Analytics
· Ability to problem solve and identify trends and extract insights from analytics and data.
Education and Experience:
· Preferred Candidate: BA/BS in Creative Writing, Mass Media/Communications or similar with an emphasis on Marketing and Advertising/Media Arts or similar
· Minimum 3 years of experience working in a Digital Agency setting or an equivalent combined internship experience.
· Minimum Associate’s degree in business, media arts, marketing, digital marketing or related field a plus, but not required (equivalent work experience considered)
Competitive compensation based on experience.